Thursday, May 3, 2012

Glue Art

This was my last craft I got done in April, I apologize for the late post!  I was originally going to do a silk flower collage painting, but ran out of time last month.  So - I decided to try my version of a project I saw on Pinterest. 

Super easy project to do with children, it just took some time and patience waiting for the glue to dry. Perfect rainy day art project!!

Materials Needed:
Canvas Board
Glue (such as Elmer's glue)
Paint (I used Acrylic paint)
Paint Brush
I started just by creating a design on the canvas board with the glue.  My glue seemed really thin (it's been in the basement for years!), so next time I try this project I will buy new glue and see if it makes a difference. 

After letting my glue design dry, I decided to paint over it with acrylic paint and see what kind of effect it would have. 


I almost like how the design looked before I painted the canvas.  I will definitely try this one again and see how water colors work over the glue design. 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment