Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sewn Fabric Baskets

I'm back!  The past three weeks have been a blur of sickness and crazy work schedules.  I'm glad to be back today and featuring some crafts by my mom!!

Last fall my mom took a class at our local JoAnn Fabrics and learned how to sew these incredible baskets.  She has been a busy beaver creating the most adorable machine crafted baskets you will ever see!!  I looked all over JoAnn's website trying to find a link to this project, and was unable to.  If your local JoAnn's store ever offers a class for machine sewn baskets - I reccomend taking it...you will not be disappointed!

Here's my mom, sewing away!  Depending on the size of the basket, each one takes approximately 1 hour to complete.

This project doesn't involve too many materials, but it does require patience!

Clothes Line
1 yard Fabric of your choice!
Pellon two-sided fusible firm stablizer (forms bottom of basket)
Scissors
Heavy duty sewing machine





She made some great baskets for Easter!

Happy Crafting everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment