Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thumb Print Tree

Next weekend I am leading my first ever Mommy & Me art class!  I decided we would create some thumb print paintings.  I had so much fun making my example painting today!!  I love creating whimsical works of art and using color unexpectedly.  My goal is to do one of these paintings with each of my girls and paint their names on them.  :)



I painted my background a variation of yellows and greens.  I usually don't draw out my plans on canvas - however I had a very specific idea of how I wanted the tree to look.
Once the tree was finished - the fun began!! 

Using a bright blue, I started on the thumb print leaves.  I blended a few different shades of blue so there was so variation in the leaves. 

I added the word "Family" and am very pleased with how it turned out! I plan on doing another example painting before next weekend, hopefully of a bird or peacock.  I cannot wait to see the masterpieces everyone comes up with next weekend!

Happy  Crafting! 



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely check out Fun & Crafty Friday and link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, I think a craft day is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Found you on Skip To My Lou. Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lindsi! I will definitely share this on Fun Stuff Fridays! :)

      Delete