Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Whoo's Got A Cute Room?!

Finally I have been able to work on my daughter's owl inspired bedroom!!  This room has been 3 years in the making - and she is only four years old!  When my daughter was about 1 1/2, I came across an adorable bedroom set with owls, birds and trees from Pottery Barn Kids and I knew I wanted to do Madailein's "big girl room" in that theme.  Once we moved into our new house and started to set her room up, Target happened to come out with a owl bedroom set as well. So, I combined pieces from both Target and PB Kids to come up with the perfect room for her. 

Since time is not something I have a lot of, I decided to use some of the wall decals that Target had to coordinate with the theme.  I always knew that I wanted to paint some trees on her wall and do a monogram above her headboard.  This summer I finally was able to put some time aside to get her room painted the way I envisioned.  I have to say, that both of my girl's rooms are my favorite rooms in the house!  I could spend all my time there.  There's still some details I want to do in Madailein's room, but at least it's about done!  I would like to paint at least one more tree on the other side of her bed and maybe one more on the opposite wall - but all in all, I am soo happy with the way her room turned out!




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love the dainty, frilly, light hearted, fun but modern room you've created! This is awesome! The bed quilt and the art piece, along with that rug really tie it together! What a fun little girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is adorable! I love the owl theme! There is so much fun detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love owls- this room is so cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all very much! I am so in love with owls right now! There are sooo many cute owl room decor on Etsy - I want to get them all for her room, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Adorable! What little girl wouldn't want a room like this? It would even work in a different color scheme for a boy ;) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, such a perfect room for a little girl. I am on the lookout for inspiration for my daughters room at the minute so this has been very helpful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete